I hold everything when I hold you in my arms.

There isn’t any other job that requires more courage than being a parent. It takes courage, first of all, just to give birth, then it takes a big heart filled with courage to do the work required to raise a little person by giving them your endless time and attention. Being a parent means taking on a responsibility to help mold a real little person into a good human being.
When I made the decision to face motherhood again it involved making a series of life changing decisions that involved accommodating my entire lifestyle to my marrage and parenthood. Another baby changed everything.
This time around Mike has made it easy for me to stay home and enjoy all the momments of mommyhood. It use to be that when I spend time with Dillon I felt guilty for not working and making money then when I was at work I felt guilty the entire time about knot being at home with him.
I’ve finally found out that balance is weighing and measuring my priorities to put together a life that fulfills me on my own terms, not by what society expects of me. This balance requires recalibrating my priorities when I need and want to. Bottom line without making myself insane with guilt, I have had to weigh out my priorities and take the time to balance out all the parts of my life so I can have a life.
No comments:
Post a Comment