May 27, 2009
All our work must be done before we have any Fun !!
Summer break is here. Eeks I am NOT ready for the never ending talking. Hopefully Dilly will live to see the second grade. I'm planning our daily schedule and making a few "Summer Rules". #1. All our work must be done before we have any fun!! #2. Rewards only come when they are earned.
When I grew up being out of school was the fun of summer vacation. We never went a single place, no vacation...nothing. By the end of summer my Mom was dancing on the porch singing, "there going back to school, there going back to school". I always thought she was freaking crazy. Well after last summer I understand and was singing that same song. While summer is a special time, we certainly don't have to be at the movies, the zoo, and the water park every minute of it. Maybe we can go to the library and disturb there peace.
There are fun things to do here at home for FREE!! Like picnics in the backyard, bike riding, go to the park, swimming in the pool, there are so many things to do around the house that the school year makes difficult to find time for. So, with all that said, I am certainly no MOM Expert. I am just trying to strategically plan a survival guide. One that will get ME threw the 1 on 1 time with yammer mouth, my aways talking....Dilly.







