nd who swept me away, gave us a beautiful home. Soon after we had a baby girl and I became a stay at home mom.
I understand where almost every woman is coming from. I understand the need to feel important to yourself and to the world as something other than "just a mom".
I understand that deep down desire to be the most important person in your child's world. I understand the need to have a life of your own outside your home. I understand that sometimes being a mom can be a major draining drag. I also understand there is no more important job in the world. I know that no matter what stage of motherhood I have been in, I ALWAYS had terrible guilt about something. Guilty about dropping my son off at daycare for nine hours a day. Guilt about not breast feeding then later not feeding them enough vegetables. Guilt about yelling too Jun 19, 2010
Just A Mom ?
I have been on pretty much all sides of the Mommy Wars. You know the Mommy Wars. That constant battle over who has it harder and who is right. Who is raising their children the right way. Yes those Mommy Wars.
I began as a single mom. After six weeks of unpaid maternity leave I was back to work full time. Single, full time working, part time college student mom. I'd come home exhausted & see the mommy groups meeting up for stroller walks. Oh I wanted to be 'That Mom'. The one who could stay home and witness every milestone as it happened. Then I meant my hero husba
nd who swept me away, gave us a beautiful home. Soon after we had a baby girl and I became a stay at home mom.
I understand where almost every woman is coming from. I understand the need to feel important to yourself and to the world as something other than "just a mom".
I understand that deep down desire to be the most important person in your child's world. I understand the need to have a life of your own outside your home. I understand that sometimes being a mom can be a major draining drag. I also understand there is no more important job in the world. I know that no matter what stage of motherhood I have been in, I ALWAYS had terrible guilt about something. Guilty about dropping my son off at daycare for nine hours a day. Guilt about not breast feeding then later not feeding them enough vegetables. Guilt about yelling too
much or not paying enough attention. Guilt its what we moms do.
So I am here to say that most moms are good moms that only want what is best for their children. I believe in my case that for now it is to be a stay at home mom, who puts the baby in a "Moms Day out Program'.
What is best for you and your kids? I don't have a clue. On that same note, no one outside of God, me and my husband can dictate what being a good mom to MY kids looks like.
In the end... my name is Jessica and I am Just a Mom.
nd who swept me away, gave us a beautiful home. Soon after we had a baby girl and I became a stay at home mom.
I understand where almost every woman is coming from. I understand the need to feel important to yourself and to the world as something other than "just a mom".
I understand that deep down desire to be the most important person in your child's world. I understand the need to have a life of your own outside your home. I understand that sometimes being a mom can be a major draining drag. I also understand there is no more important job in the world. I know that no matter what stage of motherhood I have been in, I ALWAYS had terrible guilt about something. Guilty about dropping my son off at daycare for nine hours a day. Guilt about not breast feeding then later not feeding them enough vegetables. Guilt about yelling too








1 comment:
Your no more "just a mom" than Mike is "Just a dad". Your both amazing people who are doing a great job of raising your kids & giving each other all the love & support that you need as a family. You both do what works for you & your family. Your both smart enough to not let others influence your decisions that effect your family. All the love you have for each other is so evedent in your blogs & in your journaling. You go girl!! You are so much more than "JUST A MOM"!!!! Huggs
Post a Comment