May 9, 2009
Mom Said..........
See this picture of my Dad smiling. Well this is the first time I've ever really seen my Dad look so happy. He actually lightened up had a good time. He STOLE the show by sneaking up behind John Wayne to steal his gun. Later they compared guns. Dad was clearly impressed by this lighter that resembles a gun.
My Mom said to the lady standing next to her, "I've been married to that man for 36 years and I have NEVER seen him laugh like that".
Now that he finally has come out - We can see that Dad really is a "Closet Wanna-be Cowboy".
This makes me wonder... what Cove Fort family vacations would have been like had there been laughs. So how deep do you have to have your foot in the grave before lightening up to enjoy life? The lesson here is that our kids will forget the toys but always remember the memories of places and laughs. Dillon will remember how fun today was with Grandma & Grandpa and I have a memory of how nice it was to see Dad really look happy.








No comments:
Post a Comment